40 QUESTIONS with Paula.....
Updated: Apr 14, 2018
Lets face it, Feeling Flush co-founder Paula Fry isn't shy of an over share, so answering 40 questions wasn't taxing at all! This peri-menopausal mid-lifer isn't scared of taking most subjects by the horns and givings them a damn good shake.
With my rather lovely daughter Abi
1. What are your nicknames?
My main nickname is just 'P' but I'm also called Potty (for potty mouth!) My family call me Paul or Poo (short for Paula Poo).
2. What books on your shelf are begging to be read?
I've just started reading The Secret by Rhonda Byrne and The Good Menopause Guide by Liz Earle.
3. What do you do if you can’t sleep at night? Do you count sheep? Toss and Turn? Try to get up and do something productive?
I often wake at 1.45-2am and I find it really irritating! I have a very off active mind so it will start reminding of things. I try and breathe deeply and think of something positive to try and drift off but it doesn't always work and I'll wake up at 5.15am for work feeling tired!! I've recently been taking magnesium which has helped.
4. How many days could you last in solitary confinement? How would you do it?
I think I'd last quite a long time as I've a vivid imagination. Maybe a month or so... I quite like being on my own.
5. Do you save old greeting cards and letters? Throw them away?
I used to keep everything and have every love letter I've ever received and also the ones I'd written to my hubby who had kept them! I tend to throw birthday cards now though - you just can't keep it all. I'm quite sentimental.
6. When making an entrance in to a party, do you make your presence known? Do you slip in and look for someone you know? Do you sneak in quietly and find a safe spot to roost?
This really depends on who is having the party. Do I know them well? Do I feel comfortable etc. Generally, I'm pretty confident so I'll go up and say Hi to the organisers and then grab a huge glass of bubbles - bubbles always help!
7. What is your strongest sense? If you had to give one up, which would it be?
My gut instinct - it's never wrong. I've not listened to it occasionally and I've come to regret it in a big way!
8. How many times a day do you look at yourself in the mirror?
Not as often as I should as my eye makeup is always running! Each time I go to the loo I suppose.
9. What is the strangest thing you believed as a child?
That if you ate the seeds in apples they would grow in to trees in your stomach....
10. What is one guilty pleasure you enjoy too much to give up?
11. How often do you read the newspaper? Which paper? Which sections?
The Guardian and The Telegraph online - love fashion, health/well being and beauty sections but I read it all. And the side bar of shame in the Daily Mail is a must for a gossip but I only look at the pics generally.
12. Which animals scare you most? Why?
Not keen on spiders but wouldn't say anything bothered me much - I'll pick up or touch anything. I'm a bit of a David Attenborough on the quiet.
13. Are you more likely to avoid conflict or engage it head-on?
It does depend what is going on and who it involves. I have been known to call people up who have slagged me off and call them out.... Generally though, I'd prefer not to cause angst but I'm not scared of speaking my mind when I feel wronged.
14. What was the most recent compliment you’ve received and savoured?
That I looked so elegant. (from a random lady who said she'd been watching me in the street whilst I was waiting for a meeting with a client).
15. What is something about yourself that you hope will change, but probably never will?
My addiction to fashion....
16. Are you a creature of habit?
17. Are you high maintenance?
Definately not. I'm a good friend to have as I'm easily pleased.
18. When was the last time you really pushed yourself to your physical limits?
Each time I see my trainer which is two or three time a week.
19. Do you have a whole lot of acquaintances or just a few very close friends?
Both. I know tons and tons of people which I love - I'm an ardent networker- but I also have a smaller selection of close friends - both male and female.
20. Are you more inclined to “build your own empire” or unleash the potential of others?
I am an enabler. I love to help others whilst building my own empire.... if that's possible.
21. What do you think about more than anything else?
22. What’s something that amazes you?
Whales. The large ocean dwelling mammal rather than the leek loving country...
23. Do you prefer that people shoot straight with you or temper their words?
Straight shooters PLEASE.
24. What’s one thing you’d rather pay someone to do than do yourself?
25. Do you have a catchphrase?
I'm busier than a one-armed cab driver with crabs... (sorry)
26. What’s your reaction towards people who are outspoken about their beliefs?
Everyone is entitled to their opinion whether I agree with them or not but I hate ignorance (people who don't understand the implications to others of their beliefs) or those trying to bully other people in to having the same opinion.
27. What position do you sleep in?
On either side. Normally have to start on the my left.
28. What’s your all-time favourite town or city?
I love a wander around London when it's not for work.
29. What are the top three qualities that draw you to someone new?
A sense of humour, a smiley face and an open heart.
30. If you could eliminate one weakness or limitation in your life, what would it be?
My ability not to say NO enough!
31. If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
I'd love to be called something cool or exotic. Like Elodie or Ruma. Paula is just about as boring as it gets!
32. Do you believe ignorance is bliss? Why or why not?
There are times I sometimes wished I had not learned something as it dramatically changed a situation or relationship for the worst. So I think it's bliss... yes.
33. What do you consider unforgivable?
Betrayal. Or any kind.
34. Have you forgiven yourself for past personal failures? Why or why not?
It took me some time, but yes, I've forgiven myself and moved on. I seldom regret as everything happens for a reason.
35. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologise?
Simple. I don't. I'm stubborn and seldom forgive people who have wronged me or my family in the past.
36. To what extent do you trust people? Explain.
I'm pretty trusting unless my gut instinct sends alarm bells and then I'll be more cautious but I do question peoples motives sometimes, so that helps me stay alert.
37. In what area of your life are you immature?
I have different voices for my dogs (Min and Dougie) and 'they' talk to each other and the family in those voices.... yes I am mad!
38. What was the best news you ever received?
On giving birth that both my babies were healthy.
39. How difficult is it for you to be honest, even when your words may be hurtful or unpopular?
I can be really blunt. But I try never to hurt people. I don't mind being unpopular if it's for the right reasons.
40. When do you find yourself singing?
Most days. Never in the bath or shower though. More whilst in the car and no one else can hear. And for your reference, I'm crap.